1978 Trans Am clone.
This car has highway gears (2.41)
Body and Interior Details:
Originally an Esprit model this Classic is now cloned as a Trans Am!
It now has Trans Am flares, hood, scoop, side vents, rear spoiler and decals.
There are two places on the passenger fender with cracks in the paint. These are not very noticeable, but they are there.
The car is in driver condition.
This was a southern Colorado car there has been rust repaired in the lower rear of the front fenders and some floor patch panels due to a formerly leaking rear window.
The lower rear of the driver's side quarter panel was replaced also.
New door glass on both sides
New windshield with embedded antenna
New weather-stripping in door openings and trunk.
Nice reproduction Trans Am steering wheel.
Original Trans Am dash insert, in great condition.
Mostly original interior is also in condition, but there are a few minor flaws here and there.
Both front buckets have vinyl insert sections professionally replaced.
Drivers door panel has a spot near the door lock that has been patched.
Dashboard has no cracks, but has a minor warp at the front edge near the windshield and a small indent
The console has a few holes
The shifter bezel is new
Radio area was cut out at some point in the past.
Engine and Transmission Details:
Pontiac 350 engine from a 1970 Firebird, with 15k - 20k miles since rebuild (per previous owner of this engine)
- Edelbrock Torker II intake
- Holley 600 cfm carb with electric choke
- HEI distributor
- Edelbrock Performer cam, block was decked and intake was machined to match, pistons are .030 over (these details are per previous owner)
- TH350 Transmission with NO shift kit. Believed to be from a 1969 Firebird or Lemans. Finned cast aluminum pan.
- Summit Racing 2200 stall converter
- Summit Racing headers and 2 1/2" mandrel-bent true dual exhaust. Has two Magnaflow catalytic converters installed.
- Hood scoop is held securely onto the hood with brackets. The scoop can be removed if needed with no damage to the scoop.
Suspension and Undercarriage Details:
Drives and handles nicely
The underside has not been detailed
The wheels are OEM Pontiac 15x8 Snowflakes
Tires are stock-size 225/70R15 and have a pretty decent amount of tread left.
Front disc breaks / rear drum brakes.
Electrical System Details:
- Charging system has no issues the battery holds a charge well
- All exterior lights work.
- Dash lights are working except for aftermarket gauges
- Wipers work, but are slow
- Trunk has a light that turns on when it is opened. This is a Year One reproduction part.
- Dome light works when either door is opened.
All of the rear window trim and door trim is anodized, and much of the anodizing has been scratched here and there.
The trim for the rear edge of the hood is missing.
WE FINANCE/ DELIVER AND SHIP WORLD WIDE